If you suffer with oily skin, you will be all too aware of how annoying it can be! At the same time, you can take happiness from the fact that oily skin tends to age much slower than its drier counterparts. Here are some tips for caring for oily skin, helping it to look glowy and fabulous.
1. Moisture is still important! Many people think that because they have oily skin, they do not need to apply moisturiser. This is actually incorrect – adding a good quality moisturiser can actually help oily skin. If your skin is not moisturised, it can end up producing more oil to compensate for the lack of real moisture.
2. Drink lots of water – this will help to flush out your system, and prevent your skin from becoming more oily.
3. Do not avoid oil: you should cleanse with an oil based cleanser to remove makeup and grime. Oil attracts oil, so the theory is that your oil cleanser will drag excess oil out with it as it cleans.
4. Choose “non comedogenic” makeup products. This means they will not clog your pores. Clogged pores can lead to blackheads and spots.
5. If you do suffer a breakout or acne flair up, treat it carefully. Do not pick at spots, as this can make them look worse, become aggravated and inflamed. You could also accidentally introduce bacteria to your spots, making them likely to get worse. Instead, use good skin care products to keep your skin clean. Apply a gentle spot treatment to any particularly bad ones.